PokitDok is rapidly expanding! In the past month alone we've welcomed 6 new talented and unique employees - and they couldn't have come any sooner, given the busy month we've had and exponential growth we've seen in demand. To recap, in the last month we sponsored and attended the Health 2.0 Conference and Code-a-thon, demo'd our white-label marketplace product, were covered in the LA Times, made go-to-market preparations for some pretty awesome soon-to-be unveiled products, and so much more! We saw triple-digit growth in API sign-ups and now host connections to over 120+ trading partners, representing 75% of insured lives across the US. The momentum would not be possible without our incredibly hard-working and talented team, now up to 35 employees in our San Mateo, CA and Charleston, SC offices. We're so proud of our growing team, that we decided to officially introduce them and tell you a few fun and interesting facts about each.
Meet our newest PokitDok team members:
Vivian Li, Product Marketing Manager, San Mateo
I decided on PokitDok because... the insurance industry doesn't take advantage of technology like it should. I want to provide a better experience for patients while reducing out-of pocket costs and making the whole process more transparent. I also want more people to understand our healthcare system. Plus, the leadership seemed super cool.
People are surprised to know that I... used to have access to weapons grade plutonium.
I'd like to travel to... Mars.
Jonathan Fann, Front End Developer, Charleston
I decided on PokitDok because... I absolutely love the concept and everyone that I've met on the team.
I'd like to travel to... England.
I decided on PokitDok because of... The warm and inviting employees. I'm excited to be a part of a growing company and believe in the potential the company has.
People are surprised to know that I... have a 6-year-old son.
I'd like to travel to... Italy.
Glenn Nelson, Full Stack Engineer, Charleston
I decided on PokitDok because... I want to work on a hard challenge with a smart team.
People are surprised to know that I... own two bearded dragons.
I'd like to travel to... Asmara, Eritrea.
Justin Lang, Provider Account Specialist in Customer Success, San Mateo
I decided on PokitDok because... of the people working here.
People are surprised to know that I... have never watched Breaking Bad.
I'd like to travel to... Africa.
Michelle Ruiz, EDI Specialist, San Mateo
I decided on PokitDok because… it’s innovative.
People are surprised to know that I… can bake!
I'd like to travel to... Machu Pichu.
We're incredibly thrilled to bring them into the #PokitDomination fold, with a hat tip and a thumbs up. We look forward to their contributions and the diversity in thought and execution that they will inevitably bring to the team. As our CTO and Co-Founder, Ted Tanner famously says, "Welcome to the show."
If you're interested in joining the PokitDok team and being a part of our unique and ground-breaking culture, please visit our careers page for a list of current job openings.
- Savvy Moms Use the PokitDok Marketplace to Save on Healthcare - November 14, 2014
- How Healthcare Will be Transformed in the Next 5 years - October 28, 2014
- PokitDok Announces National Health Price Index & Scheduling Feature - October 21, 2014
- Not Enough Sleep: Secret to Success or Contributor to our Rising Healthcare Costs? - October 16, 2014
- The PokitDok Team is Expanding - Meet Our New Hires - October 8, 2014
- CEO Lisa Maki Demos PokitDok’s Simple, Patient-driven Enterprise Solution - October 2, 2014
- Telemedicine Poised for Growth, but Barriers Hinder Widespread Adoption - August 28, 2014
- When Healthcare Coverage "Loopholes" Leave Consumers Holding the Bag - August 26, 2014
- How Much Will Your Annual Well Check Cost? - August 21, 2014
- Why a Growing Number of Employees are Choosing High-deductible Healthcare Plans - August 19, 2014
Tags: Health Innovation, Healthcare consumerism