I am thrilled to announce a new milestone for PokitDok. Effective July 5th Joe Murad joined PokitDok as its CEO and member of its Board of Directors to continue PokitDok's fantastic growth.
Over the past few years PokitDok has established a strong position in the healthcare market with its APIs, a platform approach to interoperability, and now DokChain, blockchain for healthcare. I am incredibly proud of the work we have done to connect legacy healthcare infrastructure to the modern, cloud-based services that make healthcare administration and delivery more secure, accessible, and cost effective for both patients and the industry. Now, as we build the DokChain Health Alliance around a distributed, cross-industry approach to the business of health, it is clear we have just begun.
I made the decision to propose this change to our Board of Directors in recognition of these accomplishments and the opportunity to leverage Joe's incredible track record and experience to fully realize and scale PokitDok's value moving forward. Joe is a Silicon Valley native and now works from our office in San Mateo. He was a founding team member and COO of Extend Health, Inc., from its inception until its successful sale to Willis Towers Watson in 2012, where he most recently ran their Individual Exchange. Before Extend Health, Joe was part of the initial team at eHealth where he served as the Director of Business Development. eHealth went public in 2006 and trades on NASDAQ. Joe brings enterprise technology experience combined with deep healthcare domain knowledge to the role and I couldn't be more excited that we have such a talented and experienced veteran to further our mission.
As you can guess, this was not an easy decision. I loved my job and the company we've built. It's been the experience of a lifetime to bring our vision to life and see the company grow to impact and serve so many incredible customers and software developers. However, taking a page from some of the industry's most successful tech companies, it has been my intent for some time to bring in an experienced operator to realize PokitDok's growth potential and this move is timed to take full advantage of the market dynamics and accelerated company growth we've experienced in the last year.
Nothing can prepare you for the founder's journey and I have learned more from the CEO role, co-creating a company with an amazing co-founder, Ted Tanner, Jr., and from our incredible team, than any classroom could ever teach. I thank them all for the privilege of being their CEO and I look forward to working alongside them and Joe in this next phase for PokitDok both as a fully engaged co-founder and PokitDok board member.
Please join me in welcoming Joe Murad to the PokitDok team!
Share the health,
- Introducing Our New CEO, Joe Murad - July 11, 2021
- DOKCHAIN TAKES THE STAGE AGAIN - AT HEALTH 2.0 JAPAN - December 9, 2021
- DokChain Makes Formal Debut At Health 2.0 - October 3, 2021
- McKesson Ventures Makes Strategic Investment in PokitDok - February 17, 2022
- 2016: The Year of the Business of Health - January 7, 2022
- Exciting News from PokitDok! - August 18, 2021
- The Unintended Side-Effects Of Health Reform: Increased Consumer Responsibility And Decreased Provider Revenues - April 29, 2022
- Top 5 Predictions for Healthcare Consumerism in 2015 - January 8, 2022
- MedTechVision 2014 Patient Keynote: Part Two - September 12, 2021
- MedTechVision 2014 Patient Keynote: Part One - September 10, 2021