Our Front-End Director Chris Wilhite and I traveled to lovely, not-particularly-sunny Boston this weekend for the Health 2.0 Boston Code-A-Thon. PokitDok was sponsoring, along with our colleagues Validic and AllScripts.
Our friends at Grouphub.io were there in force. We first met them at the Health 2.0 San Francisco Code-A-Thon, and they've gone on to build a really impressive solution for benefits enrollment using our Enrollment API. (Did you know PokitDok does enrollment via EDI 834s? Read about it here.) They'll hopefully be talking more about that in the near future.
First and second place went to HeartPartner and the team from Navinet, respectively. HeartPartner built a very clean, easy-to-comprehend tool for population management of cardiovascular issues, and Navinet made a plugin for Allscripts to do quick, easy eligibility checks. Also, honorable mentions went to David Wang, for doing some very interesting visualizations of procedure cost based on doctors notes, using natural language processing and the PokitDok Cash and Insurance Price APIs, as well as Caresync, who added automation features to their existing chronic care management system. As all the judges commented though, there's no such thing as a loser at an event like this - everyone got the chance to try out new solutions, meet people from other disciplines, and play with ideas that could turn into successful companies.
Many thanks to Health 2.0 for putting on this exciting event, and to the folks at Mad*Pow for generously hosting the event and keeping the coffee and snacks flowing. Can't wait for the next one!
By the way, PokitDok will also be in attendance at the Health Experience Refactored conference later this week - come say hello and see what our platform can do.
- On Full Metal Health - Titan Load Statistics - January 26, 2022
- On Full Metal Health: Insights from the inaugural independent Graph Day Conference - January 20, 2022
- On Full Metal Health: HealthGraph Domain Specific Language - January 12, 2022
- On Full Metal Health: Tinkerpop, Titan, and Python - December 15, 2021
- On Full Metal Health - Contributing A Custom Build Of Titan - December 8, 2021
- MedCity ENGAGE 2015 Recap - July 23, 2021
- New And Improved Developer Documentation - July 7, 2022
- Event Recap: Dig South, ATA, and Collision Conference - May 15, 2022
- HxRefactored Recap: Less Snow, More Awards - April 8, 2022
- Health 2.0 Boston Codeathon Recap - March 31, 2022
Tags: Dev, Enterprise